SePRO Corporation Job Opportunities
Job Title: Technical Specialist
Department Name: Sales
Supervisor Title: Regional Sales Manager
Under the direction and periodic review of the Regional Sales Manager, the Technical Sales Specialist is primarily responsible for managing sales, assisting with market and field development activities, and providing technical stewardship of SePRO’s ornamental products in the territory. The preferred location for this position is based in Florida.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person with strong technical sales and business development skills, and is a growth opportunity as a major contributor early in the life-stage of new products and business.
Sales Territory: Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and western Tennessee
- Use technical knowledge, sales, and communication skills to gain support and growth of SePRO’s products in the greenhouse and nursery markets. Implement sales and marketing programs, and lead technical sales and product stewardship efforts in territory with focus on growth and providing solutions.
- Provide technical training to key audiences, which includes growers, distributors, extension agents and consultants.
- Establish sales objectives in cooperation with Regional Sales Manager, and take initiative to successfully achieve those plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and new prospects to promote, sell, and steward SePRO solutions that are aligned with market strategies, and create strategies to support growth in product use.
- Communicate field initiatives effectively within the organization. Utilize CRM to manage customers, contacts, sales calls, and development initiatives.
- Help to implement field development and product demonstration trials.
- Introduce and represent the appropriate use of products at industry meetings, customer training events and other end-user outreach opportunities.
- Frequent interaction with professional associations, industry meetings, and customers requires representing SePRO in a professional manner.
- Work in a team environment and network with peers.
- Assures that all regulatory requirements are met and proper application and safety requirements are adhered to.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (4 year college or University);
- Experience with plant protection products in US Ornamental markets is desirable;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent driving record;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Business acumen and customer focused; and
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
The candidate must have the ability to travel on a daily basis in the territory with expected routine overnight travel (averaging 3 nights a week) for product stewardship, technical support, and other sales related efforts. The Technical Sales Specialist is expected to frequently interact with industry professionals and establish sales development activities with end-users. Initiative will be needed to plan and host small group meetings and demonstrations, such as field demonstration days or other group selling tactics.
Technical and Functional Knowledge/Skill Abilities—Ideal candidates will have experience in a discipline related to sales, environmental management, agronomy, specialty agriculture, and/or another related applied science field. Applicant should have good computer skills. Personal characteristics of initiative, drive, organization, and attention to detail are important. Candidate should possess excellent verbal, written and listening skills to manage market opportunities and technical issues. The ability to manage changing priorities and multiple projects at one time is necessary. The desirable individual is innovative and able to work within a budget.
This individual will also need the following:
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate win-win strategies, conflict resolution and handling objections by taking initiative and finding creative solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to get desired results by following agreed upon plans;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and use effective methods for collecting, interpreting and communicating market, customer, and competitive data;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Business acumen with a customer focused approach; and
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Human Relations—The position requires good communication skills, as there is continuous interaction with distributors, growers, research cooperators, applicators, and SePRO marketing, sales, technical and regulatory teams. The ability to maintain excellent professional relationships is equally important. Therefore, good interpersonal skills of both written and oral communication are desired, and candidate should have excellent presentation skills. Additionally, due to the workload required and the relatively small numbers of people involved, the position requires flexibility in thinking and action to accomplish given tasks and goals.
Freedom to Act—Business strategies are agreed upon at the SePRO Management Level with input from others within the organization. The work needed to implement these strategies and other responsibilities is carried out with minimal, but routine consultation with supervision. Candidate must be adaptable, trustworthy, detail oriented, enthusiastic, organized and reliable.
Impact—Results are measurable in meeting timelines and resultant impact on meeting business goals. The individual has a direct impact on results and on success and growth of the organization.
Send resumes to:
Attn: Human Resources
11550 N. Meridian St., Ste. 600
Carmel, IN 46032