Immediately after an application, Akari's unique "stop-feeding action" not only stops further damage to your plants but also halts the laying of eggs; giving you peace of mind that the mites are not eating further into profits while they die in 4 to 7 days.
Active on all life stages, but especially effective on the plant damaging larvae, nymph and adult stages, Akari provides residual action for 21-28 days.
With an EPA reduced-risk classification, excellent plant safety, a 12-hour REI, and activity gentle to beneficial insects, the unique advanced chemistry of Akari Miticide will be a powerful addition to your IPM rotation.
- Immediate stop-feed
- Broad-spectrum activity
- Excellent crop safety on vegetables and ornamentals
- Active on all life stages
- EPA reduced risk certified
- Prevents further damage to crops and reduces vector-transmitted diseases and viruses
- Provides fail safe for misidentified mite species and infestations of multiple mite species
- Spray your vegetables and ornamentals with the same tank
- Complete eradication results in a mite-free environment
- Less risk to human health and the environment than other miticides such as abamectin and pyridaben
Mode of action
Akari's mode of action is primarily as a contact miticide. It is effective on all stages of two-spotted spider mite and is most effective on larvae followed by nymphs, adults and eggs. Akari is a mitochondrial electron transport inhibitor (METI). When the active ingredient, fenpyroximate, comes in contact with target mites, it blocks cell respiration causing the pest to loose motor control and collapse. In addition to this contact activity, Akari provides cumulative mortality at each successive life stage through inhibition of molting as is seen with insect growth regulators.
Akari controls a broad spectrum of mites including several species of Spider mites, Tarsonemid mites, Eriophyid mites and Mealybugs.
- Citrus Red Mite
- European Red Mite
- Pacific Mite Southern Red Mite
- Spruce Spider Mite
- Strawberry Mite
- Two-Spotted Spider Mite
- Willamette Mite
- Broad Mite
- Cyclamen Mite
- Hemlock Rust Mite
- Hackberry Rust Mite
- Citrus Mealybug
- Long-tailed Mealybug
Active ingredient: fenpyroximate
Where to buy: To purchase Akari Miticide/Insecticide, contact your SePRO Technical Specialist or distributor. May not be registered in all states. Always read and follow label directions.